Many people with injuries or chronic pain may feel as though surgery is their only option. However, there are several alternatives to surgery that should be considered, depending on the condition being treated.
What is SoftWave Therapy?
SoftWave Tissue Regenerative Therapy is a non-invasive alternative to surgery that uses high-energy sound waves to stimulate healing and relieve pain. Using a revolutionary device that generates sound waves, SoftWave Therapy treats a variety of conditions, including musculoskeletal injuries such as tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, and tennis elbow, soft tissue injuries like sprains and strains.
SoftWave Therapy utilizes shockwave technology, emitting 3,500mph sound waves to penetrate deep into the body’s tissue to stimulate blood flow, promote the formation of new blood vessels, and encourage the healing of damaged tissue. It is a safe and effective treatment option with little to no side effects.
SoftWave Therapy is often used as a non-surgical treatment option for certain musculoskeletal conditions, such as tendinitis and plantar fasciitis. In these cases, it may be used as an alternative to surgery or as a first-line treatment before considering surgery. SoftWave Therapy helps to restore pain-free activity without drugs will avoiding more invasive treatment options.
Other alternatives to surgery that may be recommended:
- Chiropractic Care: As a chiropractic office in Overland Park, we recommend chiropractic care as a first line of defense for many conditions. Patients can receive both chiropractic care and SoftWave Therapy for many conditions. Chiropractic focuses more on the skeletal structure and the nervous system. SoftWave addresses soft tissue and chronic inflammation. They work well together to help the entire body heal.
- Physical therapy: We work hand-in-hand with many Overland Park physical therapists to help our patients get the results they deserve. Many physical therapists use a variety of exercises, stretches, and other techniques to help people recover from injuries, illnesses, or surgeries, and to manage chronic conditions. Patients can receive SoftWave Therapy and see a Physical Therapist.
- Acupuncture: In our family chiropractic office we utilize electroacupuncture (often referred to as needleless acupuncture) in order to gentle relieve pain, improve function, and promote healing.
- Lifestyle changes: Diet, exercise, and other lifestyle changes can help to improve overall health and manage certain conditions.
Why is SoftWave Therapy a good surgery alternative?
SoftWave Therapy is non-invasive, which means that the treatment does not require general anesthesia, or even local anesthesia. It is considered to be less risky and has fewer complications compared to invasive treatments.
This therapy is also generally considered painless by patients. It can cause mild discomfort, but most patients are able to tolerate the treatment well.
Compared to potentially spending thousands of dollars on surgery, not to mention the cost of downtime, SoftWave Therapy is also considered to be much more cost effective than surgery.
Recovery time after a shockwave therapy session is minimal and patients can usually return to their normal activities immediately after the treatment. However, it’s important to follow the provider’s instructions regarding post-treatment care and any limitation of activities. Patients typically report little to no down time after and in-between SoftWave Therapy sessions compared to weeks and months of recovery time necessary for surgery.
SoftWave Therapy treatment sessions are generally considered to be quick and easy. Treatment sessions typically last between 5 to 15 minutes, depending on the condition being treated and the size of the affected area.
What conditions does SoftWave help?
We’ve helped patients find immediate relief and avoid surgery for conditions like:
- Shoulder pain (bursitis, tendinitis, rotator cuff, etc)
- Elbow pain (tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, etc)
- Knee pain
- Foot pain (fractures, neuropathy, muscle pain, etc)
- Wrist pain
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Arthritis / Carpal Tunnel
- Plantar Fasciitis
- And more
Ready to get out of pain with a surgery alternative?
If you have been experiencing pain and are ready for a non-invasive, safe alternative to surgery and prescriptions, it’s time to schedule a SoftWave Therapy session in our Overland Park office! Appointments are available, and we are offering an introductory special of $49 for your first treatment.
Call 913-851-5188 and let our staff know you are ready to start living pain-free with SoftWave Therapy!