If you’ve ever experienced joint or muscle pain, a friend may have recommended seeing a chiropractor. That’s because they know that chiropractic can help. In fact, it is estimated that chiropractors treat more than 35 million Americans (adults and children) annually.
As first-line medical professionals for musculoskeletal conditions, we provide targeted treatment to restore proper function and ease symptoms throughout the entire body. From headaches and hormonal imbalances to back and neck pain, Dr. Justin Grabouski knows where to adjust your body for swift and long-lasting results.
Why Go to the Chiropractor?
While chiropractors are well known for treating back and neck pain, chiropractic can help with over 2,000 conditions! This is because the spine supports the whole body both structurally and neurologically. It houses much of the central nervous system, which provides a communication pathway between the brain and the entire body. A misalignment in the spine can put pressure on the spinal nerves and reduce the body’s ability to function. In the same way, these misalignments can impact your ability to twist, bend, and carry out basic movements comfortably. Rather than simply treating the symptoms, Dr. Grabouski gets to the root of your problem to reduce the chance of recurrence.
Here are three common reasons you should consider scheduling an appointment in our Overland Park chiropractic office:
Acute or Chronic Pain
More than 46% of chiropractor visits are due to lower back pain, making it the most common reason to seek treatment. Several conditions can cause chronic pain in the neck and back, including:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated discs
- Poor posture
- Text neck
Lifestyle factors like sleeping in the wrong position or working at a desk can also contribute to acute discomfort. These situations can irritate the spinal nerves and inflame soft tissues, causing radiating pain. Dr. Grabouski uses gentle, focused adjustments to restore proper alignment of the vertebrae and remove pressure on spinal nerves. This type of chiropractic technique provides instant pain relief that continues feeling better as the inflammation resolves. A 2019 study found that manual manipulation stops the formation of inflammation-causing neuropeptides, which furthers your results.
Car Crashes and Other Injuries
Chiropractic care after a car accident is a necessity. Even minor collisions can lead to hidden injuries that cause complications throughout the body. Whiplash, a severe sprain or strain in the cervical spine, is common in most patients and can result in upper back and arm pain. Keep in mind that an adrenaline rush may mask your pain, so it is always a good idea to visit a chiropractor in the days following your car crash.
Chiropractic adjustments increase blood flow and healing agents to the affected area to boost healing. At Grabouski Chiropractic, we can also help provide relief from chronic injuries and restart the healing process to ensure total and complete resolution.
Chiropractic care fits seamlessly into a full-body wellness plan to keep you functioning at your best. An adjustment may provide improvements in these areas:
- Sleep—Your body uses your downtime to repair the body. Poor sleep quality can affect your body’s ability to heal itself, impact your mood, and make you more susceptible to illness. Chiropractic care improves sleep by lowering the stress hormone cortisol, easing pain, and balancing your serotonin and dopamine, which are proven to help with insomnia.
- Digestion—Misalignments in the spine can impact communication to the digestive system. The chiropractic manipulation techniques during your adjustment can also physically stimulate movement in the digestive organs to boost regularity.
- Immune system function—Your nervous system and immune system work hand in hand to keep you feeling well. Chiropractic care improves communication between these systems for swift resolution and boosts the production of healing agents to help you fight off pathogens. It can also reduce stress levels, lowering your susceptibility to illness.
- Stress—Chronic stress can affect everything from sleep to focus. Stress has been linked to several conditions, so controlling it is essential to feeling well. Fortunately, many patients report feeling more relaxed after their visits. This alternative medicine also rebalances stress hormones to improve feelings of anxiety.
Dr. Grabouski creates highly individualized treatment plans to fit your goals. At our Overland Park chiropractor office, we are equipped to treat a number of conditions, and help people of all ages, including babies, children, expecting mothers, athletes, seniors, desk workers, laborers, and more. Everyone can benefit from chiropractic care!
How To Find A Family Chiropractor You Can Trust
It is important to research and find a licensed chiropractor you can trust. Here are some of things we think you should consider when making your decision, and why we feel we would be a great fit as your family chiropractor:
- Credentials—Credentials are vital when it comes to chiropractic care. Proper licensure ensures Doctors of Chiropractic (DC) have the training, skills, and experience to provide the best treatment. Dr. Grabouski received his DC degree locally from Cleveland University in Overland Park. He’s completed extensive post-graduate training in pediatrics and patient care.
- Experience—If you are seeking treatment for a specific condition, you should try to find a chiropractor with ample experience in the particular procedure. More experience means better outcomes for you. Dr. Grabouski is renowned for helping patients of all ages, abilities, and conditions in his over 13 years of experience treating thousands of patients.
- Great referrals and reviews—Ask the people you trust most for their chiropractor referrals. Our office is built on referrals by our current patients. Website reviews also offer insight into experiences with ease of scheduling, wait times, friendliness, and more. We are proud of the 150+ Google reviews our patients have been so kind to share.
- Comfortability—You should always feel comfortable asking healthcare professionals questions about the process. During your first visit, come with any questions you have and we will be happy to answer and provide in-depth answers. You aren’t just a number in our office; we value YOU and we value YOUR HEALTH.
At Grabouski Chiropractic in the heart of Johnson County near Olathe, Leawood, and Overland Park, we take pride in our reputation and experience as being one of the best chiropractic clinics in our area. Dr. Grabouski has been practicing for over 13 years and delivers excellent results. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have about chiropractic care.
Schedule your initial appointment with us today and get on the path to a healthy, pain-free life.